Whether you are staged to sell or staged to dwell, organized closets can add value to any home. The Nest provides 9 closet makeover tricks that will keep your life simple – at least in the closet.
1. Divide and Conquer – separate his and hers with a little space.
2. Be Creative with Floor Space – Let organizational tools like baskets and separators help you keep it neat and tidy while adding a little form to that function.
3. Make Room for Boxes – large containers are great storage, particularly for out of season or seldom used items.
4. Claim Your Space – I love how this video shows the aesthetic difference between his side of the closet and her side of the closet. Let your personality show a little and make sure you each have the space you need.
5. Shoe Solutions – There is never enough shoe storage! Several organizers are shown here. I love the clear shoe drawers personally.
6. Use Empty Wall Space – Maximize your space by addingto hang items – like your purse collection. Not only is it handy, but allows you to see what’s there.
7. To Have & To Fold – It’s funny that my husband is about the least organized person out there but he really wants a. Properly folded – everything – does make storage much more efficient.
8. Color Your Closet – This is the one thing I am religious about in my closet. I’m sure it was my work in retail stores as a teenager. Nothing will trick the eye to making your closet feel bigger than a color blocked closet. Remember ROY-G-BIV.
9. Eco-Organize – Don’t worry, not everything in your closet has to be harmful to the environment. There are plenty of green friendly organizational solutions.