If you are like me, you blog a lot. If you don’t, then you need to be sure to maximize each blog. Whichever way you are, there are some things that you should be doing after writing your blogs to get the word out.
1) Make sure you have used your keywords in your blog post. Making sure your blog post is SEO rich will go a long way to helping you get traffic to your blog. Be sure you don’t write just for keyword sake though. Keep it interesting. Need help on SEO? Of course we have a blog and infographic for that!
2) Syndicate your content. Be sure your RSS feed is turned on. You want others to subscribe to your blog to get the information out there.
3) Shorten your URLS. If your blog doesn’t have the ability to shorten the URL for you, you can use a service like TinyURL.com
4) Tailor your status update. Don’t just repeat your blog title when sharing it. Be sure you make readers want to click. Tell them WHY they want to read it. Be sure to cater this to individual audiences.
5) Post teasers on other sites. Yes, it is OK to spread your message, so long as you aren’t too salesy all the time. Ask for opinions on your blog (then be prepared to get them, even ones that differ from your own).
6. Bookmark your content through sites like StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc. A huge part of getting new readers is putting it out there for others to see. Remember, the title is what will drive them to it, so keep it interesting!
7. Comment on other’s blogs. This is called being SOCIAL. Don’t expect others to comment on your blogs unless you are also commenting on theirs. That’s just the way this works. Be sure when you do leave comments that you are engaging and not just saying, “wow, great blog” or worse, “great blog, be sure to visit my blog at http://xyz.com.” That’s the kiss of death right there.
8. Seek and assist. Where you have your expertise, watch for opportunities to show off what you know (and your blog). I love it when someone asks about something and I can send them to a blog I wrote with answers to those very questions. How helpful do you think they find it?
9. Add your latest blog title to the signature of your email. (wow, really? I did not know of this one…. checking it out as soon as I’m done with this blog.
10. Share your blog post with your target customers. Be careful that you don’t become spam though. No one wants that!
11. Add your blog post to your next newsletter. I’ve started doing this recently and I have to say that it is very effective. Often, aside from before and after photos, this is one of the most clicked link in my newsletters.
12. Ask other bloggers to mention your post. Consider forming a group of professionals where you can share each other’s work. The new Google Penguin update has made “shares” a valuable tool!
Powered by Facebook Comments