If you are following, you’ll know that I’m in the process of setting up a new home staging company in Jacksonville, FL. Not to let any grass grow under my feet, the final decision set on Monday, here it is Friday and I’ve already accomplished quite a bit.
- had designers create a new company logo
- set up my facebook fanpage & invited my friends to “like” me
- bought 2 URL’s, Rave ReViews Home Staging & Jacksonville Home Staging
- had SAR’s web team set up my wordpress template
- have started writing content for my new site, adding photos & designations
- wrote my first blog / press release
If you are considering starting your own company, we are here to provide home staging training, continuing education, mentoring and business coaching.
Linda Mayer says
Does it help that you have already done this?
Linda – It does help because I know what I do well and what doesn’t work. Of course this is a completely new market, so there will be a demographic shift and I’ll have to sell my services to a completely new group of people. I’ll have to start with agent education and work my way through the rungs like anyone else – but I do at least have a great portfolio at my disposal. The truth is that it’s somewhat formulaic, at least that’s what my experience was. Now I just need to start working the formula again. When you start off, it’s about gathering numbers and getting your name out there. You have to establish a brand and show why & how you are the expert. I was new once too….