Going GREEN doesn’t have to just mean being environmentally conscientiousness. It can also mean getting a little more green in your wallet when staging your home to sell. HomeGain.com, a leading site on all things real estate related, conducted a survey and found the top nine DIY home improvements.
The top 5 GREEN home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers are:
- Plant native trees and plants ($141 average cost / $399 average price increase / 284% average ROI / 65% of agents recommended)
- Replace air filters ($76 cost / $201 price increase / 266% ROI / 63% recommended)
- GREEN home staging ($223 cost / $445 price increase / 199% ROI / 47% recommended)
- Weather strip and caulk doors and windows ($169 cost / $313 price increase / 185% ROI / 68% recommended)
- Install programmable thermostats ($146 cost / $249 price increase / 170% ROI / 62% recommended)
The complete 9 GREEN home improvements are as follows:
Remember too that many of these green tips not only create a return on investment when preparing your home for sale, but also while you are living in it. Things like caulking doors & windows, installing low flow shower heads, turning off power strips and using CFL or LED lights can also save big money on your utility bills.
Laura Sampson says
This is exactly why I chose to be an EcoStager in Central Florida. Not only am I providing my clients with solid selling advice, my clients receive information that can assist them in their new home. They are armed with information on saving water, electric & keeping toxins to a minimum ( and so much more). Thank you for sharing the benefits.
As I was writing this, I was thinking about you. I think there should be more GREEN stagers, or at the very least we should be better versed on what to do and how to recommend it to our clients.