Going GREEN doesn’t have to just mean being environmentally conscientiousness. It can also mean getting a little more green in your wallet when staging your home to sell. HomeGain.com, a leading site on all things real estate related, conducted a survey and found the top nine DIY home improvements.
The top 5 GREEN home improvements that Realtors recommend to home sellers are:
- Plant native trees and plants ($141 average cost / $399 average price increase / 284% average ROI / 65% of agents recommended)
- Replace air filters ($76 cost / $201 price increase / 266% ROI / 63% recommended)
- GREEN home staging ($223 cost / $445 price increase / 199% ROI / 47% recommended)
- Weather strip and caulk doors and windows ($169 cost / $313 price increase / 185% ROI / 68% recommended)
- Install programmable thermostats ($146 cost / $249 price increase / 170% ROI / 62% recommended)
The complete 9 GREEN home improvements are as follows:
Remember too that many of these green tips not only create a return on investment when preparing your home for sale, but also while you are living in it. Things like caulking doors & windows, installing low flow shower heads, turning off power strips and using CFL or LED lights can also save big money on your utility bills.