Professional home stagers are judged by the end product of their work. Wrinkles simply are not acceptable, despite the fact that we often bring in multiple bed sets, curtains, linens and slip-covered furniture pieces. Most portable steamers are more frustration than they are worth with their too small tanks, and leaking & spitting water over what we are trying to beautify.
I’m sure I’ve tried nearly every steamer on the market. Finally, a few years ago, I found what I feel is the best product on the market: the Rowenta DG5030. It runs about $150 but is AMAZING and worth every penny! Here are some of its features:
- Continuous High Powered Steam available at the touch of a button, the powerful steam makes ironing
- Ideal for large amounts of ironing to smooth out the toughest wrinkles and press in the sharpest creases with ease
- Ideal for pressing seams, smoothing fabric and pre-shrinking fabrics that can’t be washed
- Vertical Steam is ideal for removing wrinkles from hanging garments or drapes and for smoothing and shaping sewing projects
- Extra Large Water Tank holds 33 oz. for up to 1 hours of ironing autonomy
- Stainless Steel Soleplate provides high performance glide with high scratch resistance
- Stable Compact Base fits on most ironing boards
- Iron rest for convenient storage of iron during use, secured position during transport
- Variable Steam Control lets you adjust steam to output to fabric types, powerful steam for thick, heavy fabrics or light steam for delicate fabrics
- 9 foot long steam cord for versatility
- Extra long iron 12 foot power cord length for ease of use
Recently I’ve noticed these appearing on shows like Project Runway, letting me know that I’m not the only one enamored by this powerful machine. I recommend that you purchase a silicon cooking mitt as well. You will want to protect your hands and arms from all the hot steam that pours out of this machine.